Wednesday, January 11, 2017

The Pussy Cat Hat . . .



In September 2015 I went back to crocheting. I thought I'd make a couple of blankets for Christmas and call it a day. Instead I have been crocheting almost non-stop ever since.  I've used many, many pounds of yarn and made dozens of things. After not crocheting for about 25 years or so, I found that, like Stella, I got my groove back. I started thinking that while I can crochet, maybe I should plan for the future, in addition to making gifts for the present. I've made quite a few little baby things even though there are no babies in the near future. And I asked my newly married daughter if she would like me to make her anything. She kept telling me she didn't need anything right now. I was thinking maybe some heirloom quality items she could save for the future like a table runner, but her mindset is in the present.

And that brings me to her one request . . . a pussy cat hat in pink. She plans to attend a women's march in a couple of weeks and wants to wear the hat.  She is making a statement for women's rights. I am doing my part by getting the yarn and crocheting. The hat only took a couple of hours or so to make. What baby wants, baby gets.  Here I am modeling it. I hope you get a good look because I have a feeling I will remove the picture shortly . . . and I was right, not a great look on me.

P.S. My daughter liked the hat so my mission was accomplished!


And here is the crochet pattern for anyone who is interested in making one of their own: Pussy Cat Hat Pattern in Crochet

No comments:

Post a Comment