Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Praying For Others…



I have few friends compared to most people and it saddens me to know how difficult life can be for many of them. Facebook allows us to enter everyone’s life on a daily basis so I find I know a lot more about what is going on in people’s lives than ever before. It makes me sad to think of the struggles and heartaches everyone is facing right now.

One family, with four children, lost their home and 4 pets to a fire this past weekend. Now they have nothing and no insurance to start over. It’s heartbreaking. Another young friend was admitted to the hospital today for heart surgery to fix a couple of things that are wrong. Another friend’s mother was diagnosed with cancer and operated on last week. A couple of friends are going through custody issues, with their children’s welfare hanging in the balance. Many friends are living in chronic pain from car accidents they have had which could have easily cost them their lives. Many have no health insurance. Others are struggling financially day to day to make ends meet. Some suffer from and battle with depression on a daily basis. It’s a bit overwhelming when I think about it.

So today I am going to pray for all my friends, for all their struggles, and hope they get the help and support and encouragement they need. Pray for the best possible outcomes to their problems. Pray they stay strong and positive in the face of adversity. Pray that I have the right words and actions to be of help where I can and make sure if they need a friend they have one in me.

We shouldn’t have to go through things alone or feel alone. We have people we can turn to who care. They are all around us and they are online too. All we have to do is reach out to ask for help or offer it.
I pray you all have a blessed day and that your burdens are lightened by the love of a friend.

2 comments: