Friday, March 25, 2011

The Borgias!



A few years ago I read a book by Mario Puzo, author of “The Godfather”, called “The Family.” It was a great book about Rodrigo Borgia who was Pope Alexander VI and the corruption at the Vatican during the Italian Renaissance. Up until that time I had always been familiar with the notorious name of Lucretia Borgia, but I never made the connection to the Pope. I recommend reading the book, I couldn’t put it down.

HBO Showtime is starting a new 12 episode series covering the Pope and his family. The time period is set between 1492-1503. You can see or read about every kind of corruption and sin in the book, from incest to murder, that took place while he was Pope. It is one of the most scandalous stories in history. I don’t want to spoilt the plot by giving too many details here, you can always look up the history if you are interested. But I will include the link to the series which has a preview clip you might be interested in watching.

I know I am going to love it! I think you will too!

http://getasword.com/blog/913-the-borgias-2011-hbo-series/

No comments:

Post a Comment