Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Year, New Happenings…

New Diet...

It’s a new year! New diet! Well it’s not a new diet exactly. I went on the 17 Day Diet two years ago and lost my 15 or so pounds. I felt great and it even fixed two other problems that may have been cause by the extra weight and what I was eating, namely my lower back pain and water in my left ankle. I had every intention of sticking to the maintenance plan, but didn’t. I thought that I really didn’t eat enough, even with wrong foods, to gain it all back. I was wrong. The act is my body doesn’t burn off the calories the way it used to and I am not exactly an active person. Suffice to say I am back to square one and so nine days ago, with a bunch of facebook friends, I started the diet all over again.

I will admit I have not stuck 100% to everything that is required. While I am able to easily alter my food intake to the healthy foods on the list with no carbs, I am stalling about drinking the 8 cups of water and doing the exercise. But, already nine days into the diet I feel a lot better. The holidays meals had upset my stomach too no end. The big, rich meals were not easy for me to resist or tolerate. I was so looking forward to the salads and foods from the diet because I already knew I would feel so much better, and I do. I have to work on getting the rest of the diet’s requirements into my routine. I have been drinking more water, maybe 4 cups not 8. I haven’t even weighed myself yet, so I don’t know what I started at or where I am. I think my first priority was to fix my poor stomach, which took a beating for six weeks.

New House...

As you may recall, last summer I put my house up for sale. The real estate brought a few people and they were all turned off by the neighbors across the street. I can’t fix that. My family took a trip to Universal Studios in September and in October I decided to get six new windows to replace the old ones in the front of the house. Hurricane Sandy put a damper on them coming as fast as I thought. They weren’t put in until January 4th. A couple of days later I contacted the Realtor to tell him he could start showing the house again and that I wanted to go on MLS so more people would see it. He said fine, he would stop by with the paperwork, but he had a couple who was very interested in seeing it. I told him if they don’t mind some clutter, bring them by. What the hell do I have to lose? I straighten out a few things and vacuum, that’s all I have time to do. So last Wednesday he drops by with a couple and their three year old son. I make myself scarce, like an owner is supposed to do. They whisk through the house in about 15 minutes and leave. I figure that’s the end of it. But, on Friday, he calls me and says they want to make an offer. I can’t believe it really. They are pre-qualified for a mortgage and they like the house and the area. The neighbors across the street don’t bother them and they are willing to give me time to find a house. It all sounds too good to be true, right? Then he calls with the offer. It’s on the low side. We will probably have to do down more then they can afford to go up if the deal is to go through. It’s a matter of financial circumstances and how much I am dying to get out of here. I have wanted to move for a very long time, so I am going to consider their offer and not discourage them. We count offer with a nice drop in price. I am hoping we can work out a deal. The realtor gave me reason to believe they can go up, by not by much, because they are only qualified for a certain amount. At this point I am seriously considering whatever they can afford if it gets me out of here sooner. The problem is that right now there are not many houses at all on the market in this area. I may have a huge problem finding something I like and I don’t want to settle. So I am hoping they are sincere about waiting. They will get a great deal and I will finally get the hell out of here.

New Jobs...

My girls are both working hard at their new jobs. I hardly see them any more. I don’t exactly have an empty nest, but my nest has a revolving door. They come and go at different times, different shifts, social lives, and I feel like a short order cook. The diet isn’t helping me with this problem, because now, in addition to having three dinner times, I also may have to may two or three different dinners. This is the life…NOT! But, things are moving in the right direction for us. And I will probably be blogging a lot more about it if things go well. I guess you could say I am following my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment