Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Fixer-Upper House...



I hate to complain, I really do, and yet I set up a blog just for that purpose. Anyway, the painter came this morning at 9, as I finally took out the last movable objects from my bedroom. There is quite a bit of plastering to be done before the walls can be painted. That room went through the war when there was new construction being done on one side of my house and the house attached to mine, on the other side, was being gutted and renovated. The vibrations from all the work took it’s toll on my bedroom. I didn’t want to fix anything until they were done. The new construction of the two family houses finished long ago. The renovation on the house attached to me is still ongoing. They will never finish. But at least they take long breaks when they don’t so any work or do quiet work. 

Well, having decided to sell my house, I have to do some fixing to make it presentable. Hence the painter. I already told the realtor that I don’t want to fix everything because it may not even suit the new potential buyers. Instead, I told him price the house less expensive and let them do the work to their liking. I hope this is a good strategy, but whether or not it is, I don’t feel like having people come in to work on my house every day. I get anxiety from it. Plus it’s a lot of work for me. Just emptying out the bedroom took a few days. I’m not even going to unpack a lot of the stuff I packed. It’s staying in boxes until hopefully we move out of here.

Of course, last night the dog decided to start barking at 11:40 PM for an hour. That disturbed my much needed sleep. Then I got to thinking about the painter and I just stayed awake for a couple of more hours. I think I managed to get about 4 or 5 hours sleep. The dog started barking at 5 AM. Is it any wonder I hate noise? Even if I manage to get a few quiet minutes, I can’t enjoy them because my head hurts from lack of sleep. Aren’t you glad you stopped by to read today? I am going to have to vent here because my younger daughter is studying for her license exam as a Medical Technologist, and my other daughter and husband are out working. There is no one around to rant and rave to, but me, and I don’t want to scare the painter and his son off.

I hope they do a decent job and get done early tomorrow. It’ll probably take me two or more days to put everything back in my room. But I am tired! No way I can take a nap or even write a coherent sentence to pass the time. 

I hope I find a house that is in real move-in condition, because I just want to be in peace and be settled. Will that day ever come? If it does, you will be the first to know.



No comments:

Post a Comment