Thursday, February 16, 2012

Nancy Grace Dishonors Whitney’s Memory…



That’s the way I feel about it. Nancy Grace opened her mouth and said too much about what the cause of Whitney Houston’s death was, hours after the singer died. She didn’t base her speculation on facts or keep her mouth shut until she had some. Instead, she made the most outrageous statements she could make at a time when the family, friends and fans of Houston were still in shock over her death. I heard the statements myself and can only imagine the pain she caused to everyone, but most especially Whitney’s daughter, Bobbi Kristina. 

Here is some of what she had to say, in her loudest most aggressive tone of voice: 

"I'd like to know who was around her, who, if anyone gave her drugs, following alcohol and drugs, and who let her slip, or pushed her, underneath that water?" Grace said Tuesday on CNN, HLN's sister network . "Apparently no signs of force or trauma to the body. Who let Whitney Houston go under her water?"

This before the coroner and toxicology reports were even completed. She tried to put a spin on the story to make the circumstances appear in the worst possible light and create suspicion and accusations where no evidence even suggested any. It’s clear to me that Nancy Grace took this opportunity to exploit Whitney’s death in order to help boost the ratings for her own show. I find this in extremely poor taste, poor judgment, callous, and irresponsible. 

What’s more, she refused to apologize for her hasty judgment and choice of words, but instead defended herself, though to me she appeared on shaky ground. When challenged and asked to explain her statements she said:

“Well, if you look at the entire sentence, I understand that some people would consider that jarring or harsh. But there is nothing delicate or nice about a murder, a death, an unexpected death, or an autopsy. And that is what autopsies are for. I know most people aren’t exposed to medical examiners, autopsies, morgues, medical examiner investigations. But that’s why you have an autopsy, to determine — when something looks to be not a natural death or an accidental death — was it a murder? Was it a heart attack? Was it an overdose? That’s what they were looking at. That’s what they had to find out.”

I didn’t find her comments very comforting and I’m sure Whitney Houston’s family and friends didn’t either. Her comments were beyond inappropriate. There is a little video below where you can hear her comments and those of Dr. Drew, who also jumped the gun on the cause of death. Whoopi Goldberg replied to both in a way I agree 100% with.





2 comments:

  1. I agree! I watched Nancy Grace that night and my jaw dropped. She practically implied it was murder. I couldn't believe it, I was thinking of writing to her to express my shock and outrage. I'm glad you picked this up. Thanks ,Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we see eye to eye on a lot of things Linda! As always I appreciate your comments. Nancy went over the line, as did many people, who have not contributed a fraction to this world that Whitney did. How about we do a comparison of Nancy's charitable works to Whitney's?

    ReplyDelete