Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 100 Of My Diet!


The 17 Day Diet


Well, I have been sticking to it for 100 days now. Maybe not exactly one hundred percent, maybe only seventy-five percent, but I continue to lose weight even on the maintenance cycle. My very tight size 12 jeans are now very loose. My size ten jeans are comfortable to getting loose. My goal is a size eight. I don’t care when I get there, I know I will.

What has been the hardest part for me? Sticking to the exercise required. I was doing great with the walking, but never made it part of my daily routine of a set time of day. If I didn’t do it before lunch, then I never got to it. Eventually I gave it up. I need to get back to that soon though. Losing the weight was great, but this body needs to shape up. The other thing I found hard and gave up on was drinking the eight glasses of water a day. It’s a struggle to get that much water down. I try to drink, but I’m lucky if I get two glasses of water in, maybe three. That is something I need to work on too. I’d be happy if I could do six glasses…well I know I can, I did it in the beginning, I just gave up.

Anyway, my goal was to lose 20 pounds and get down to 115. I’m at 119 now and it’s made a difference. The chronic backache I have been suffering with for a year and a half is all but gone. Even the Physical Therapy did not help me, but losing a few pounds did. I was also accumulating water in my left ankle and it would not go away. The diet fixed that too. All the water I drank flushed out the water in my ankle. That is one of the main reason I need to get back to the water. Water flushes all the toxins out of your body too. Really, there is a method to all the diet madness.

I would definitely recommend the 17 Day Diet to anyone who wants to or needs to lose weight. I found it easy to follow. It’s all laid out for you so you don’t have to think much about it. The weight comes off very fast at first, especially if the follow it strictly. It helps you to change your eating habits to healthy ones. I am not a fan of diets, but I love this one. It makes sense. Everything in it is there for a reason and the doctor explains what those reasons are. Even if you cannot do everything he suggests, you will be a million times better off than you are now. I would have never thought my back and ankle issues would be cured by a healthy diet. I may not always eat 100% healthy on some days, but this diet allows you to eat whatever you like on the weekends during cycle 4.

I will never give up this diet. I am going to work on the exercise and water and see if I can’t make both of them permanent. It’s not too late to pick up a copy of the book and get started. Summer is just two months away, but you would be surprised at how much you can lose in two months with this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment