Saturday, June 16, 2012

Carrie Underwood Speaks Up For Gay Marriage!

And now the "haters" are going on the attack!


Yes, I was just alerted to the fact that Carrie Underwood came out in support of gay marriage.I am so proud of her! I read the article and this is what she had to say: "As a married person myself, I don't know what it's like to be told I can't marry somebody I love, and want to marry," she said. "I can't imagine how that must feel. I definitely think we should all have the right to love, and love publicly, the people that we want to love."

Carrie was raised Baptist, but she and her religious husband, Mike Fisher, have switched to worshipping in a nondenominational church. She says, "Our church is gay friendly," she said. "Above all, God wanted us to love others. It's not about setting rules, or [saying] 'everyone has to be like me'. No. We're all different. That's what makes us special. We have to love each other and get on with each other. It's not up to me to judge anybody."

Well, the fact that she expressed her opinion and beliefs drew some sharp criticism and attacks from some of her country music fans and it makes me sick. I happen to agree with Carrie 100% on this issue. If she had expressed the opposite opinion I would not have “disowned” her or criticized her for it. I love her. She sets the bar pretty high when it comes to the way she was brought up and lives her life. Now she is being slammed for having a different opinion than some in the Christian community? It’s appalling. What she says makes perfect sense. Who appointed all these bible toting judges to presume to speak for God. They quote the Bible as God’s word. Jesus said he left us ONE commandment “love one another as I have loved you.” Period, end of story! Is anyone reading that? God is an all loving, all knowing God. He created us ALL. Who are we to question His work? Who are we to say some people are more worthy, more faithful, in the way they are living a Christian life? I am just sick to death of the hypocrisy. This anti-gay way of thinking is an anti-Christian way of thinking. There is no way around it.

I already wrote a couple of blogs on Gay Marriage. I don’t want to repeat myself all over again. But, I do want to come to Carrie’s defense and support her on this issue. She took a big career risk exposing herself to a lot of hateful Christians, who now claim they won’t buy her cds and more. Here are a few of the nasty comments she received from loving (or should I say hating) Christians:

“I'm very disappointed in Carrie. … The Bible says what is [sic] says, and you can either follow it or not. It is explicit in the Bible that men do not lie down with men and women the same … God will judge Carrie, not me,” wrote a user named jlvowell.

“Equal rights … yea sure!!! Carrie Underwood read the bible. Honey!! The bible says Adam & Eve, Not Adam & Evan,” Carol wrote.

“If GOD says it makes Him sick … then to all Christians alike … it should make them sick to their stomachs as well,” wrote Neal.

With fans like these bible reading, “loving, compassionate” people, who the hell needs enemies! They are sitting in judgment of one of the most beautiful entertainers that has come along in ages. The media can’t even find any “dirt” on her or you know they would print it in a hot second. She is the one living her life according the laws of the Bible not her haters. I would love to open some of the doors these Christians have closed and expose their skeletons. I know there are plenty, I’ve seen the hypocrisy and double standard they live by.

I am in full support of Carrie, past, present, and future! And furthermore, I hope this risks gets other talking and realizing the this is the time for change and equality for all, not just those we feel are "worthy," but ALL God's children. That's what I real Christian would say! God Bless you Carrie Underwood Fisher!


No comments:

Post a Comment