Monday, October 3, 2011

Andy Rooney Retires…



I grew up watching Andy Rooney and loving his 60 seconds of complaining, I guess I am an Andy Rooney “wanna be.” I love to wrote and complain just like he does, but I can’t get all mine into a 60 second sound bite. I looked forward to his little clips every week because he says what everyone is thinking. I have also been accused of doing that and that’s why it’s so funny. Too many people do not want to be that brutally honest, so they finesse what they have to say if it’s not nice. I just say it like it is, I have no finesse. As another piece of my childhood ,I thought it would be fun to write some of my favorite lines of Andy’s today and honor the man who may have subconsciously been a mentor to my pet peeves.


“If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.”


“Nothing in fine print is ever good news.”

“The average dog is nicer than the average person.”

“Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do, don’t need to be done.”

“Vegetarian--that’s an old Indian word meaning “lousy hunter.”

“I didn’t get old on purpose, it just happened. If you are lucky it could happen to you.”

Andy Rooney has many complaints, but more often than not, he has some good wisdom sprinkled in throughout his years on television. He has been able to fill books with all his observations. He taught me the fine art of complaining and making sense while doing it. I’ll miss him.




No comments:

Post a Comment