Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What Is The World Coming To?



Catching up on the news this morning I saw something so incredibly horrifying that I am still sitting here in utter disbelief.  I debated if I should write about it, but I don’t know how to put it aside and go on with my day without saying anything.  I know so many bad things happen in this world on a daily basis.  We have all seen and heard things that we cannot understand. We are supposed to be civilized human beings, but the actions of some are subhuman because they are missing feelings, compassion, decency…if I am rambling you will soon know why.  If you don’t want to know the details of this horrific case please move on.

This morning I saw an article, “Two year old toddler gets run over twice. Warning, graphic video.”  I felt compelled to watch it, especially when the article below the video explains that 12 people, yes I said 12 people, walked by her lifeless body and did absolutely nothing.  This happened on the streets of China.

The baby was standing in the street distracted.  She had no way of knowing she was standing in harms way.  A van approaches and can clearly see her on the road.  The driver runs right over her with his front wheels, pauses for a second or two, then continues on his way with his back wheels going over her body.  About three people walk down the street and see the child laying their, but do not stop or call for help, they just continue walking.  Another truck comes down the road.  The driver runs over the baby as though she was a piece of trash.  Nine more people pass by the lifeless body and do nothing.  Finally, a women, who comes out of a store to throw out some trash, sees the baby’s body. She pulls her to the side and calls for help.  The child’s mother comes out and picks her up and takes her to the hospital.  The baby, Yeuyue, is alive, but on a ventilator and not expected to live.

I don’t know when I have heard of a more depraved case of indifference for human life than this one.  It is making me sick.  I will not post the video, but I will post the link for anyone who wants to see it.  What the hell is this world coming to?



Horrific video

No comments:

Post a Comment