Wednesday, October 19, 2011

X Factor



I started watching the American version of X Factor about 3 or 4 weeks ago.  I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it or not, but I have always been a big American Idol fan, so I gave it a shot.  In fact, two judges from American Idol are on it, so it’s almost like getting a second season of the show.

I have to say that there are some remarkably talented singers competing.  They have had to turn away so many.  Last night they had to get rid of 16 competitors and shrink the group down to 16 for the live show.  Each judge had a group of 8 (boys, girls, over 30’s and groups) and by the end of the night they could only bring four with them.  It was tough.  Did I agree with all their decisions?  No, I did not.  Even Simon realized, an hour after he delivered the news of who was staying and who was going to the girls, that he had made a serious error.  He allowed one very talented singer to go home and he was upset about it.  After talking to the other judges, he decided to fly to that girl’s home, in Florida, and ask her back to the competition.  Of course she was elated and I’m glad he did the right thing.

Now the competition really starts.  Each judge will be working with their specific groups, mentoring them and hoping that the next superstar will come out of their group.  It’s not to late to start watching the show because this is when they all have to “bring it” to stay in and win 5 million dollars!  It looks to be very exciting.  I am looking forward to it.  Simon seems to have softened up too…just a little.

I don’t have any favorites yet, but I’m sure that very soon I will be favoring a few.  There is a variety of talent.  Give it a try if it doesn’t conflict with your other shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment