Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Celebrity Baby Names...


I don’t know what some of these celebrities are thinking when they choose names for their babies. Are the names the rest of us use just too ordinary and mundane? The baby books aren’t good enough, not enough variety? This is something that has been irking me for a long time. I’m someone who has never liked her name and when I had my girls, I wore out the baby book trying to come up with names they would like and not get teased about. Granted, the names I picked suddenly became very popular at the time so it doesn’t look like I put much thought into it, but I did.

Yesterday I heard Beyonce had her baby girl. I love Beyonce and she is certainly entitled to name her baby anything she wants, but Blue Ivy? That sounds like a plant to me. And frankly, hers is one of the better off the beaten path choices. Here are a few others that have sprung up in recent years, poor kids.

Nicholas Cage named his child Kal El

Jermaine Jackson - Jermajesty

Bruce Willis and Demi Moore - Rumor and Tallulah Belle

Jason Lee - Pilot Inspektor

Gwenyth Paltrow - Apple

Ashlee Simpson - Bronx Mowgli

Julia Roberts - Phinnaeus

David Bowie - Zowie

Now all these celebrities buy their children the best of everything, but when it comes to something as important as their names, this is the best they can do?  I’m sorry, but as hard as I try, I just don’t get it. Do you?


No comments:

Post a Comment