Thursday, January 12, 2012

Rainy Days...




I never liked rainy days. Some people love the rain, but for me it’s cold, damp, dark and depressing. It’s raining today and I dread it even more. My whole family leaves at seven and won’t be back till five. I will have nothing but this “pitter patter” sound keeping me company all day. It’s going to be a long day.

I don’t mind the rain so much when we are all home with nowhere to go. The girls will get up late and have breakfast. For some reason they are able to ignore the dog’s barking at 5:45 am and stay asleep till 10, unlike me and my husband. Then everyone will busy themselves with something, we’ll watch television or maybe even a movie. I’ll bake something for dessert and make a big dinner we can all enjoy. A nice lazy family day where we can chill out. On those days the rain, or even the dreaded snow, doesn’t bother me at all. 

I have plenty to do today, so I am not at a loss for things to fill my time. As soon as I hear from my daughters that they have reached their destinations, I’ll have peace of mind and go about my day. Of course they think it’s ridiculous that they have to call and let me know they got where they are going, but it only takes a second. I make them call when they are leaving someplace to come home too. This way, if there is a delay, I will know when to start worrying. I especially hate it when they have to drive in bad weather, like today. I guess I am a worry wart and they are stuck with me.

Well, now they have both gotten to work and I’ll have about 8 hours of peace and quiet. Except for the sound of the rain hitting the window pane. 

Now I have Karen Carpenter’s Rainy Days and Mondays in my head so here it goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment