Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year 2012!



Last year I wrote a blog for 2011 about the new year.  A lot has happened since then. However, before I get started, I can’t help but notice that my dog got us up at the exact same time this year, 5:45 am.  If nothing else, he is consistent! I am not as depressed about the new year as I usually am and I don’t know why.  Maybe it’s because I have a “plan” and developed some interests last year that I really enjoy.  Maybe it’s also because I have made new friends and learned a few things from them about perseverance and having a positive attitude. Whatever it is, I am thankful for it.

Last year I was still in some pain over my ten year friendship ending. Even though it had been one year, I hadn’t fully healed, but now I have.  I have stopped dwelling on it and put it behind me and moved on.  I feel so much better just from that alone.  I have also taken my blogging my seriously. In addition to this blog, I was writing for two other blogs.  Of course the Russian Dolls blog was a bust, thanks to the show, but I met some people and had some interesting discussions about the show and a few great laughs over it.  My blogging also lead me to win a contest Marlo Thomas had on her page and from that I got two free tickets to see her in Relatively Speaking” plus a phone call from Marlo and her book with a message she wrote to me.  That was a wonderful way to end the year.  

A new year inspires hopes and dreams. It’s like a new starting point. I read a quote the other day that said “No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” I think that is how many of us feel. We can learn from our past and create better futures. Why not? And our hopes and dreams don’t have to be big either, they can be small things, as long as we love doing it. I have gotten the most satisfaction from pursuing things I am passionate about.  I have always loved to write and now I write every day, and people are actually reading and enjoying what I have to say. It’s not so easy to go out and get a book published, but anyone can start one or more blogs about anything and everything and write away. The only thing anyone has to do is take what you enjoy and try to do it as often as possible. If you like to crochet, there are only so many things you can make, but maybe you can donate your work to nursing homes where many elderly people would appreciate it. If you are an animal lover and have the time, maybe you can find an animal shelter or animal rescue organization to donate some of your time to. 

I was taking college classes a few years ago, studying French literature. I really enjoyed those classes because I was able to write about the plot and characters. I never considered blogging as a way to express my love of writing.  If there is something you love there are a variety of ways you can pursue it that will fit into your lifestyle. You really should think about it and while you are thinking, get healthy.

Now tomorrow, first thing, I start my diet and try to lose 10 pounds. It worked last year and now I am ready to lose the other ten. Jane Fonda is going to help me with some age appropriate exercises and there is always the tread mill.  I am lucky enough to have gotten a few of my facebook friends to join me so we can support and encourage each other. I am hoping we all reach our goal weights and if not we will still be better off than when we started.  Why not think about a healthier lifestyle and get the new year off on the right foot? Let’s hit the ground running!

No comments:

Post a Comment