Sunday, January 23, 2011

21 Days of Dieting…



Yes, It’s been 21 days since I started the 17 Day Diet and I am now in cycle 2. I had to break away from the diet Friday and Saturday because my daughter turned 21 and we were celebrating. I thought I was going to enjoy eating that fried shrimp, fried mozzarella sticks, and chips with salsa at Chilis. I started out enjoying it, but then it didn’t seem to matter. I was too busy thinking about all the fat and salt every bite had and how hard I had worked to detox myself of all that.

The next morning, despite eating a huge meal the night before, I woke up hungry! That hasn’t happened the whole time I was on the diet menu. That was another wakeup call to me. Eating the right foods is definitely doing something. I don’t feel hungry, I have more energy, and I am enjoying my food. I can drink all the water…all 8 cups of it! It really works.

Today is my weigh-in day and I am afraid to look at the damage from my straying from the diet. I’ll go weigh myself now, and report the numbers. So far I started at 134 and after 14 days was at 128. Today, the reliable Wii shows me that I am at 126.5, a loss of 1.5 pounds this week (maybe more if I put on water weight)! Total loss 7.5 pounds since day 1.

Ok so now that I have tried this diet I am hooked on it. It’s working better than I imagined and I do not feel deprived. I don’t even want all the junk food I used to eat. This was a great way to start off the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment