Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Diets, UGH!

The 17 Day Diet!


Can anyone come up with a diet that we can really love? I know what I have to do to lose weight and thank God I don’t have that much I need to lose, but diets are really killjoys! This new 17 Day Diet I am trying has enough to eat it in, but after you take out salt, sugar and fat where’s the taste? I just have to keep reminding myself of the substantial weight lose I am supposed to experience during the first 17 days (which are followed by three more 17 day cycles, so it’s not really a 17 day diet). You can skip the second or third cycle if you reach your goal weight and go straight to number 4, the maintenance cycle.

What I really dislike is all the fluid I have to ingest in the course of one day. I was never really a big drinker of anything and to be honest I know this is very unhealthy. Last week for example, I think I was experiencing some pain in the kidney area which went away after I drank a few glasses of water. So, I suppose I should be grateful that this diet calls for 8 cups of water a day. My brain says great, but my bloated stomach says “stop!.” In addition to the 8 cups of water, it has me drinking 3 cups of green tea a day and one of those 8 cups of water has to be first thing in the morning, hot and with lemon. If I didn’t have a good reason to stay in bed before, I have one now. The thing is, all these fluids have a purpose: to detox the body and the green tea cuts off the fat cells and starves them. Can I argue with science? By the way, the Bigelowe Lemon Flavored Green Tea is very good, if you are having trouble finding a green tea that tastes good.

I think I am going to have to get a little more creative with the food list too. This first cycle has a limited number of things you can eat. There’s enough there, but I was hoping for more than two fruits a day. I think I am a little crabby right now because it’s too soon to notice the effects. If I feel that “energy” they are promising, then I will hopefully change my attitude.

Oh, and you also have to get in some exercise. I watched the dvd yesterday and those three 17 minute workouts (you only have to do one or two a day and you can split them up) are tough. I’m not sure I can do all those moves on a good day! I didn’t try any of them, instead I walked on my treadmill for 17 minutes at 3 mph. That’s acceptable and it got my heart rate up.

I didn’t go to bed hungry last night. I felt a little grumpy and bloated. I haven’t noticed any extra energy yet, and since I have none, I am sure not to miss it when it shows up. I wonder if there was anyone like me in there test group when they were planning this diet? I hope so, and not just a bunch of 20 and 30 somethings.

Today I am not feeling any love for this diet, but it’s only day 2. If I get the results they promise you can bet your boots you’ll be hearing about it. If I don’t, you can be sure you’ll be hearing about it!!! And so will Dr. Moreno and Dr. Phil (who is also pushing this diet).

All I can say for now is “stay tuned!”

No comments:

Post a Comment