Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bad Hair Days...



I often hear people complain they are having bad hair days, which means they must also have “good” hair days. I never have good hair days. All my days are bad hair days. I read the phrase really caught on after it was used in a 1992 Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie. It’s been close to 20 years since the saying was made popular and yet there is still no cure for this phenomenon that plagues the majority of the population.

I’ve heard a number of reasons why we have bad hairs days: humid or dry weather, build up of hair products, increase in oil production from hormones, over drying hair with blow dryers and curling irons, color treating hair, perming hair, over brushing hair, over washing hair, sweating from stress…just about anything you do to your hair will end up in you having a bad hair day.

It would be nice if we could have our own personal stylist handy in case of emergencies. All the products advertised in ads really don’t do what they promise they will. Have you ever seen the Pantene commercials with the model who has black silky, smooth, flowing hair? My daughters and I have used Pantene and not one of us got hair anything close to what we saw in the commercial. I do not believe they even used Pantene on her hair or, if they did, they used it first and then rewashed and conditioned it with some miracle shampoo, conditioner and additional hair products. I then think it was dried and styled by a professional hair stylist. Maybe they even used trick photography. I don’t know, I just know that Pantene is lying when they take credit for that hair.

I need to wash my hair every morning so I can sort of get it to do what I want it to do and I also need to wash out the “bed hair” I wake up with. After a night’s sleep, there is no way in hell my hair is going to go back to the way it was the night before. If it did, I might be able to get away with skipping a day now and then. I can’t afford to wear a hat when it’s freezing because then I’ll get “hat hair” which is probably worse than “bed hair.” Hat hair gives me enough static electricity to electrocute myself by turning on a light switch. There is no way to get rid of that static either except to rewash my hair which is not good since I already wash it every day because of bed hair. If I don’t wear a hat then I get a variety of other types of hair, like the unavoidable and dreaded wind blown hair, which can also be worse than hat hair depending which way the wind is blowing. If it’s raining or snowing I have a choice of hat hair or frizzy hair, both of which I consider bad hair. I just can’t win when it comes to my hair.

I just wish they would come up with a decent line of hair products that actually do what they say they will do OR a hairstyle for my type of hair, other than a crew cut, that is wash and wear hair.

Maybe I should just get a wig?

No comments:

Post a Comment