Saturday, July 9, 2011

Even Jerry Springer Has Standards!




Now this is an “I thought I heard everything” moment for me. I would not have believed that The Jerry Springer Show would have any scruples about airing anything. After all, I once saw a show, I kid you not, where a guy made his girlfriend pregnant AND also slept with her mother AND grandmother! The excuse for the later two, they were drunk at the time. When I saw that show I thought, nothing will ever beat this.


Yesterday a rumor/story was floating around that the Jerry Springer show offered Casey Anthony one million dollars to appear as a guest. You can imagine the nationwide disgust at the thought that as soon as she gets out of jail she is going to get a million dollars for one hour of “work” for getting away with the murder of her baby. The outrage at such a thing, coming on the heels of the most unjust verdict since OJ Simpson was on trial, enormous.

But there is a little glimmer of hope. The Jerry Springer show issued a statement denying they offered Casey Anthony anything. “The Jerry Spring Show' has not made any monetary offer to Casey Anthony and her family to appear on the program, nor will we.” There is hope for Jerry Springer yet. The offer, reported by an incorrect source, was never made. Casey Anthony remains one of the most hated women in America, that even the Jerry Springer show will not touch.

However, where there is smoke there is fire. A freelance producer, Al Taylor, who does work for the show, said he made the offer to Jose Baez and that an executive at the show knew about it. When the story got out, the show got so much heated criticism that they dropped the whole idea immediately. Now that I believe! But, I am happy she won’t be pocketing any money any time soon.

What next?






No comments:

Post a Comment