Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Nadya Suleman (Octomom) Hates Her Kids



Yep, that what I said. I just read an article quoting her on that. Octomom, who went out of her way to have 8 more children, after not being able to support and care for the 6 she already had, now feels overwhelmed. Gee, ya think? The octuplets are now two years olds and, like most two year olds, are quite healthy and very active. Recently, Suleman was flying on a plane in business class with 12 of the children and had words with actress Kristen Johnston from “3 rd Rock from the Sun.” The 12 children were being extremely noisy and Kristen asked her to quiet them down. Eventually, Johnston, who was flying first class, left the plane, which was experiencing a two hour delay, and did not return.


However, the most shocking thing I read was in an interview Suleman gave with “In Touch Weekly” magazine. Suleman was quoted as saying: "I hate babies, they disgust me…My older six are animals, getting more and more out of control, because I have no time to properly discipline them." She also added, "Sometimes I sit there for hours and even eat my lunch sitting on the toilet floor. Anything to get peace and quiet.”

The woman appeared on Dr. Phil, among other shows, and did not look stable to me. Obviously the doctor who performed her fertility treatment was acting unethically and irresponsibly. He knew her situation and that she had neither the means nor the help to care for so many children properly. As for Suleman, she basically admits this now. "Some days I have thought about killing myself. I cannot cope…obviously, I love them - but I absolutely wish I had not had them."

Well, it’s too little too late for Suleman. She wasn’t even taking care of the 6 children she had. Her parents were doing that for her. The mere fact that she could think of having more children, let alone 8 more, shows that she wasn’t in a rational state of mind. All I can do is shake my head and wonder what will become of her 14 children. The older ones have become caretakers for the younger ones. They will not have a childhood.

Nadya herself, is not able to handle the constant stress, even with help. I can’t imagine what it must be like to have that many children 24/7 even if they are all perfectly behaved in every way. The laundry and meals alone are enough to kill a person.

How can she ever have enough time? How can she ever have enough money? How can she ever have enough patience? Anyone could have told her she set herself up for failure and the children would suffer for her decisions. Maybe the parents were to blame too. I understood that her mother was the primary caretaker of the six children she had. Maybe if Nadya had been forced to care for her own children full time, she would have thought twice about having any more. Now she has 14 children, no spouse, and there is no mention of her parents.

Ugh! I hope God or a guardian angel is looking after those children and they make it to adulthood in one piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment