Thursday, December 29, 2011

Jane Fonda's Prime Time Workout



So I was checking out Jane Fonda's prime Time workouts for "older" women and the exercises actually seem easy enough for me to do.  Some people were curious about them, so I found a couple of youtubes (there are more online) so you can see how simple they seem to be.  Yet, I'm sure it will be a little tough in the beginning for someone like me who has not been working out at all in several months.  But Jane Fonda sure looks great and she's 74 years old!  It gives me hope, since I am quite a few years younger, that I will be able to succeed with these DVDs.  

I was watching another video yesterday that said that 30 minutes of exercise per day makes a tremendous difference on our health.  It was made by a doctor who quoted several studies.  He said that you could break it up into 2 15 minute session or 3 10 minute sessions, as long as you get in 30 minutes per day.  Of course Dr. Oz has been saying the same thing and I have tried it, but for some reason I allow myself to get derailed.  I think the key to sticking with exercise is to do it the same time every day, so it becomes part of the normal routine.  I was doing mine at different times.  Once I say I will do it later, later never comes. Something else keeps me from getting on the treadmill: a phone call, the dog needs to go out, I forgot to get something for dinner.  It's always something and to be honest I don't fight it. I have never been one to be physically active, but as Jane explained on a Rosie O'Donnell interview not too long ago, as we get older that is when we need to exercise the most.  It makes sense. 

I hope to make 2012 the year I get more physically fit and I am going to try to drag a couple of other people along with me, even if they are kicking and screaming and calling me a nag!  A new year is a great time to try to implement some good changes into our lives and encourage others to do the same.  If you are reading this thinking "yes, I really should do something" change that should to a will.  If you care about your loved ones, you will take care of yourself for their sake. 

If you aren't convinced, the video I saw also said that lack of exercise (watching tv etc) will take 5 (FIVE) years off your life.  Can you afford to give up 5 years?  I can't. This is my "prime time" according to Jane, and I intend to make the most of it!









2 comments:

  1. How about Jane on Dancing With the Stars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a GREAT idea! I would try writing to the producers and see what you can do. What an inspiration she would be to older women! I'll bet she would run circles around all of the others too!

    ReplyDelete