Friday, October 8, 2010

Christmas Gift Ideas!

It's that time again!  Time to ask the girls to start making up their Christmas Lists.  The hardest part of shopping is figuring out what they want or like.  So a few years ago I started asking for lists.  It was so much easier when they were little to go to Toys R Us and fill up the cart with all the toys they saw advertised on Saturday morning cartoons.  Now, it's like pulling teeth to get a list from them.  Up until last year, even with their lists, I was able to surprise them with a really nice present they didn't expect.  But, I'm afraid those days are gone.  The well of ideas has run dry.  Sigh. 

So what do I get two girls, 21 and 24, who have everything AND if they are missing something, they have the money to get it?  Even if I ask them right now what do you want, they answer "I don't know."  Not very helpful at all. 

So this year, since our phone plan is up, I have decided on Smart Phones for the girls, whatever they are!  My older daughter says the words "smart phone" at least once a day.  That must mean something.  So far I have gathered that with these phones you can access the internet and email and also use it as a GPS.  These phones are probably too smart for my husband and I to own.  We just want phones that ring when a call comes in or goes to voice mail should we have them off.  Of course, if they ever invent a phone that is smart enough to do laundry or cook, then I'm sold! 

New Smart Phones for Christmas will not be a surprise though.  I willI to go to AT&T with them, one day soon, so they can decide which phone is the smartest!  I don't want to surprise them Christmas morning with "dumb" phones, and ruin the holiday.  Meanwhile, my husband and I will settle for the best "Flintstone" model they have available this year. 

1 comment:

  1. It's 11/19 and I still have not gotten their Christmas Lists! I am hoping to get them tonight, I laid down the law last night for the tenth time! Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete