Friday, December 10, 2010

Facebook Blocking!

I’m more than a little perturbed this morning. I finally find a Facebook page I love, the Dr. Phil Housewives, and I get blocked for supposedly posting too many comments! It’s a social page encouraging people to discuss the housewives on his show. Problem is, between the 20 minutes of commercials, the teaser clips they posted and aired on television and the little review clips before each new segment, we had only about five or ten minutes worth of tape we hadn’t seen or commented on.

So, when this person, Beth Thompson, who supposedly works for Dr. Phil, posts a thread on who is the biggest fan of the housewives, me and some of my new friends were having some fun posting there. It was all in good humor and respectful. It was all on one thread not all over the page.

Suddenly I try to comment on another thread and, without no warning whatsoever, I am told I am being blocked for too many posts. This block could last a few days. I will not be allowed to post on that page until the block is lifted. Had I had a warning, I would have stopped posting. But, I wasn’t given that opportunity. I tried looking for an address to complain to Facebook, but right there on their own website they say they cannot lift a block once you get one. If I try to continue posting while under this block, they will disable my whole account.

That seems fair. They set up a place for women to chat and then just pull the plug on you if you dare to chat it up too much. They don’t even check it out, send you a warning, or ask what the problem is. It’s the old “one block fits all” situation. Who knows when this arbitrary block will be lifted? I think it stinks.

Now, I suppose if I were clever I would set up another FB account just for posting there. I’m not quite sure how to do that, but I have an idea. You cannot be signed on to two Facebook accounts at a time, so it would be inconvenient to say the least. If someone reported me and it was not face book’s doing, they could report me again. In which case, a new account would be the wise way to go. I will mull this over for a while. In the meantime, they provided me with a blog topic for today.

So stay tuned for the next saga of my life. Turns out it’s not so hard to think up topics, I just have to wake up in the morning and they find me!
 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know they could do that, block you for making too many comments. And yes, I know all about someone being jealous because you are too popular or too many people like you, (oh I guess that was from your other blog!)and you know of whom I speak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do, I guess some people are so insecure they strike out. It's not fun. They spoil it for all the nice, decent posters!

    ReplyDelete