Friday, December 24, 2010

A Mother's Christmas Wish...

Merry Christmas To My Readers...

There is nothing like a mother’s love for her children. To me it’s the purest kind of unconditional love there is. We try to protect our children from danger, from being hurt, from disease, from disappointment? Good mothers go through great lengths to give their children everything they want and need. I remember many a Christmas of trying to find those sold out, impossible to get toys on my girls Christmas list, so they would not be disappointed on Christmas morning. But that’s just really symbolic of what we do all year long. We are tuned into our children and just like a classical musician can hear when a note is slightly off on his instrument, we can hear when something isn’t quite right in our children’s voices. I always knew, for example, when my kids were coming down with colds 24 hours before they had any symptoms. I could tell if they were hurt, angry or disappointed or even hiding something. And really, what do we all want for them since the day they were born except that they should always be healthy and happy and live a good life, maybe a better life than we had.

I came across this song on the internet and wanted to shared with you today. It doesn’t have a good beat and you can’t dance to it (American Bandstand, lol), but it’s message resonated with me as I listened to it. And, if you aren’t a mother but you were blessed to have had a good one, you can be sure that whether she is still here or looking down on you from above, that she feels this way for you. So here is the link and the lyrics and I hope you can relate to it as much as I did.



A Mother’s Christmas Wish
I wish you love
A life to share
And when you find
Someone to care
I hope that time
Is kind to you
And that all your dreams come true
This is a mother’s Christmas wish for you

I wish you peace
Of heart and mind
To use your strength
But still be kind
To learn to give
To learn to lose
To live with truth in all you do
This is a mother’s Christmas wish for you

And when you wake on Christmas day
With children of your own
I know then you’ll see
What you’ve been to me
You are the greatest gift of all

A child was born
On Christmas day
A shining star
To lead the way
And Mary’s love
Was pure and true
And that’s the way that I love you
I pray that love would guide you through
This is a mother’s Christmas wish for you

Merry Christmas to you and your families. May you all have love, peace, joy and many blessings today and throughout the New Year!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmwtnmBSKcs

No comments:

Post a Comment