Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas To All…

I know it’s going to be a hectic day in the lives of those who are staying home, cooking and having people over. Those of you who were smart enough to make reservations or lucky enough to get invited to someone else’s house, enjoy it while you can! I’ll keep today’s blog short and sweet for all our sakes.

I started this blog at the end of September almost as a joke, after watching that Julia and Julie movie. I have a lot to say, advice to give, wisdom to pass on, anecdotes to tell and no one within earshot is interested in listening. The idea of a blog seemed like the perfect outlet for me and it didn’t hurt that I enjoy writing. So far I am almost at the one quarter mark of my goal, which I set at one year, as Julie did in the book and movie. I figured I normally complain about something every day and so, how hard could it be to find something new to write about every day? Sometimes I write about things that piss me off, but I also notice that I tend to write about things that happen to me or what’s going on at the moment. Some blogs write themselves, others I have to think about before coming up with an idea. I noticed that the more popular blogs are the ones that come from the heart. Those are also the easiest to write.

Of course, I also inherited two very fine and wonderful critics who pass along their observations to me should I exaggerate, repeat myself, or write a boring blog. I’m glad they are reading every day. They do it to see if they are mentioned and need to defend themselves. But, I find it ironic that the very things they do not want to hear me say and roll their eyes because they have heard it all before, they are now willing to read and review. Maybe they will learn some of the things I have been trying to tell them? Wouldn’t that be a nice consequence of all this? Maybe all mothers should start blogs and mention your kids every so often. They might take to reading your words and it might just open up some great dinner time conversations.

Well, I hope you all are enjoying your Christmas. You certainly deserve to after all the work you’ve put into making it one of the most special days of the year for your families! And, even if no one says it, I will. You are very much appreciated for all you do today and throughout the year! God Bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment