Wednesday, December 15, 2010

News Anchors…

Years ago, when I watched the news, the people delivering it were serious and credible. They took a professional tone. And, rightly so, because if I’ve heard it once I’ve heard it a thousand times, the news is always negative or bad. If the news is so bad why are today’s news anchors laughing so much? I find it annoying and distracting. Also, back in the day, the anchors transitioned from one story to another without sharing a few moments of joking in between. Sometimes, I feel like I am watching a television series based on the movie “Anchorman” starring Will Ferrell.

I find it very distracting when they have just finished discussing a horribly violent crime moment earlier and then relate a lighter news item and start laughing. I don’t know about other people, but my mind is still on the poor victims of the last story they just told. I barely take note that they have moved on and it just seems so disrespectful to me.

Why are they interjecting their thoughts and opinions into the news? Isn’t the news supposed to be objective and factual? They have mini conversations between themselves after each news item. I really don’t appreciate it and I find that I take the news less and less seriously all the time.

Has the news become all about “personality” and “popularity” and less about factual reporting? That is the way it is coming across to me. I personally find it annoying and unprofessional.

Who knows, the day may come when they hired comedians to be newscasters, and we can all laugh at the bad news…oh, I forgot, we have The Daily Show and the Cobert Report for that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment