Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Election Day Is Over!

Maybe now I’ll get some peace! My phone has been ringing all day, every day, all “out of area” and all telling me who I should vote for and why! I was on the verge of having a stroke. It’s not like you can pick up the phone and tell someone off because it’s always a recorded message. If I don’t pick up, they leave it on my answering machine! I am really fed up.

I tried picking up and just listening a few times. I just wanted to get a real person that I could tell off. Finally, a live person answers the phone and launches into his scripted message. Before he can say three words I tell him, in my angriest voice, that I consider these calls harassment, that I have been hounded everyday, all day about who I should vote for and that I do not need anyone telling me who to vote for! He apologized and hung up. I was happy to get a little satisfaction, but I believe these calls should be outlawed, period!

I am now looking forward to a little peace in my house. I hope to be able to sit through a television program, to be able to cook and eat dinner, have a conversation with family, without the phone ringing off the hook.

Whoever wins, whatever their political party and beliefs, I will have won! I will have won my right to the pursuit of happiness and tranquility in my home without having had to rip the phone jacks off the walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment