Friday, June 24, 2011

Palin "Cancels" Bus Tour, Lohan Update....



Most days there is bad news after bad news being reported. It’s rare a day that goes by without something irritating or worse making headlines. But yesterday it was brought to my attention that Sarah Palin cancelled her One Nation bus tour, and for a few seconds it put a little smile on my face. Something went right!




We have to wonder why? It has been speculated that maybe she ran out of gas? “The Wheels On The Bus Don’t Go Round And Round” any more?

But then I read the whole article and she reports on her face book page that no, her tour is not cancelled. It’s just been put on hold for a while. It seems that Palin has been called back to Alaska for jury duty. Meanwhile, there is no word on when her tour will resume.

Here are her official Facebook words:
 
*Sigh* Reports of Tour Demise Are Greatly Exaggerated
by
Sarah Palin on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 at 7:14pm
Imagine our surprise when reading media reports today that the “One Nation Tour” has been cancelled. Why didn’t anyone tell me? Oh, wait, that’s because it hasn’t been cancelled. (Good ol' media... you never cease to amaze!)

As I said myself at the end of the east coast leg of the tour, the summer is long, and I’m looking forward to hitting the open road again. The coming weeks are tight because civic duty calls (like most everyone else, even former governors get called up for jury duty) and I look forward to doing my part just like every other Alaskan.

I wouldn’t think it to be such a slow news day that, what with numerous wars and serious economic woes concerning Americans, a bus is driving news stories today. The next leg of the tour continues when the time comes. In the meantime, no one should jump to conclusions – certainly not the media with their long track record of getting things wrong or just making things up.

- Sarah Palin


Maybe the exhaust fumes were getting to her or maybe it was exhaustion? All I know is that the tour is on hold and I guess that will have to do for “good news.”


UPDATE on yesterday’s Lindsay Lohan peeve:

I cannot believe this! The judge slaps her on the wrist again! No more partying! You can only entertain one guest at a time! Great! I’ll bet Lindsay was shaking in her proverbial boots at that. Oh, the failed alcohol test? It was nothing. Apparently, the judged ruled that it wasn’t a violation of her probation after all. The testing requirement had ended months earlier. Really? What a shock! And all this while she is being considered for a role in the Gotti movie. A chance to resurrect her career and she is sabotaging herself left and right. But who cares? I don’t care about her career. I do care that she will soon be behind the wheel of a car with her “legal” alcohol running through her veins. I’m just glad I don’t live in LA.

Here is the whole story:
http://www.wtkr.com/entertainment/la-me-lohan-20110624,0,6170554.story


No comments:

Post a Comment