Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Baby Murderer Gets Glowing Obituary!



I am frequently asked to look into stories and make a peeve out of them. I guess some love reading my take on things or they really enjoy riling me up! This story is one of those special requests. I would not have heard of it since it happened across the country, but now that I am aware of it I find it very hard to ignore. I even remembered the killer’s name this morning after it was only told to me once. To be honest, that in itself is a miracle with my memory. Here are the facts of the case and maybe it will rile you up too.


A man named Kevin James Collier, in San Diego, became outraged when his former wife filed for full custody of their infant daughter. So enraged did he become that he shot the infant at point blank range, killing her instantly. He threw the body into his pickup truck and then killed his ex mother in-law and set her house on fire. Then he killed himself.

You would think that is enough of a story? But no, it isn’t. To add insult to injury, the Collier family decided to place an obituary in the local paper which caused the whole community to be outraged. He was described as an animal lover and farmer and then this:

On June 22, 2010, the love of his life was born, his daughter, Rhilee Jean Collier, who he affectionately referred to as "Princess". They could be seen many a Saturday for breakfast at Ramona Cafe. He cherished his little girl who also passed away August 21, 2011, and is forever in his heart.
This was accompanied by a photo of him holding his daughter.

I do not for the life of me understand how or why the newspaper would print this, even at the family’s request. If I lived in that town, I would organize a boycott of the paper. They had full knowledge of the facts and still decided to go along with printing this for a few measly dollars? No wonder people are sick over this.  And what is wrong with his family?  They all need to get into some serious counseling if that think shooting a baby, point blank, is a sign of how much he loved her! 



No comments:

Post a Comment