Sunday, September 25, 2011

Russian Dolls Bites The Dust!




A while back I started blogging about the Lifetime show Russian Dolls.  My daughter and I started a blog about it in order to eventually bring traffic over to her website.  The blog has been fairly successful and in 7 weeks of episodes we have had over 16,500 hits.  There are 5 more episodes to air, however the ratings aren't there.  The numbers kept dropping every week and in mid August they changed the time from 10:30 PM to 11:30 PM due to lack of viewership.


Well, even that wasn't good enough.  I just found out that they are airing the last 5 episodes on Friday, October 7th at 8AM as a marathon.  The blog was a success, but the show is a dismal failure.  I have to admit that at first I was trying to be positive, but honest, in my blogging.  Over time it just wasn't possible to be very positive.  The cast members leave a lot to be desired.  Most were self centered, materialistic and obnoxious.  Thank God it was just a 30 minute show.  Soon I began writing about all the faults of the cast members and was actually enjoying taking pot shots at their character flaws.  Now we have run out of gas, so to speak.  What can I do with that blog?  And should I watch the five episode marathon which will undoubtedly be a fiasco?  Any suggestions? 


All is not lost though.  I learned that if I can make a successful blog out of a show like this, I can do it with just about anything.  My daughter and I will have to regroup and think what to do from here.  Meanwhile I have this blog to write about anything and everything under the sun.  If you have never seen Russian Dolls you can congratulate yourself for a wise decision!


P.S. To Lifetime: You made many common sense errors, in my opinion, and shot yourselves in the foot, practically guaranteeing the show would tank and it did.  I am going to address these issues in a blog over at Russian Dolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment