Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bird Flu Resurgence



I just read that the Bird Flu may be coming back. I don’t know about you, but I have better things to do than be sick for at least two weeks straight. Three years ago, my younger daughter came down with the flu in February. It was the first time we had experienced what it was like in our family. There is no cure, but to wait it out. Expect, at the time, she had midterms and had to study and get to school, like it or not. She did amazingly well under the circumstances. However, I wanted to kick myself for not getting us all flu shots in the early fall.


By the time fall rolled around, the bird flu was out. People were panicking, ER rooms were full, schools were being shut down to lessen the spread of it. The media reports created enough anxiety and there were actual cases of fatalities being reported. I had already made up my mind months before, that my daughter was going to get a flu shot. However, after hearing all the news, I decided we all needed to get it. At the time they were giving a two in one shot and it worked out well. I have gone every year since and am planning for all of us to get them in a couple of months again.

Now that they say the Bird Flu is coming back, you may also want to consider getting the shot. I know some don’t believe in it, but I do. It takes very little time and discomfort and could be the best thing you ever did for yourself this winter. Of course I am hoping for a very mild winter to make up for the hell we had last year with all the snow and the devastating weather we have already had this winter.

Mother Nature? Are you listening?



No comments:

Post a Comment