Monday, August 15, 2011

Joy Behar Married Steve!



I couldn’t believe my eyes this morning when I saw the headline that Joy Behar, 68, married “Steve” Janowitz. They have been together for 29 years and I cannot count the number of times she has said she would never marry him. Well apparently, Thursday night, she did. There was no warning, no announcement, and no details were provided. Maybe they both got drunk, for all I know, and flew to Vegas. But, no, they were married in New York City in a private ceremony. There is always a source somewhere to spill the beans. Supposedly, she will discuss it all on The View, on September 6th, when new shows start airing.

Well I am happy for Joy, but I wonder why after 29 years she decided the time was right just now? You know I am a skeptic and a cynic. I always question things and people’s intentions. It’s just odd. Twenty nine years is a very long time to be with someone. I don’t know I suppose it’s possible that it took that long for her cold feet to warm up to the idea.

Another thing that struck me is “Steve” himself. This is not the Steve I picture in my mind the hundreds of times she has referred to him on the show. Isn’t he supposed to be a lot younger than she is. I searched and searched and could not find the age difference between them, but he looks a lot older than she does. Don’t you think? Not that it matters, but I had pictured a younger, dark haired man all this time.

Love her or hate her, she sure speaks her mind! Congratulations Joy and Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment